what do you get for your £20 entry?
quite a lot aCTUALLY!
The SALUTE competition reflects the dramatic changes in the landscape in which new music is written, recorded, shared, and monetised. Music Makers need to find ways to stand out and to gain support for their activity. Let’s face it, what does £20 get you in the modern world?
- 1.2 tickets to the cinema
- 1.4 sets of Ernie Ball Slinky guitar strings
- 1/3 of a ticket to see Ed Sheeran play the O2
- 8 Caffe Lattes at Starbucks.
- 0.10 of the new iPhone 7
- 0.5 of a pair of Lars Ulrich Drumsticks
- 0.015 of a Technics 1210GR turntable
- 0.07 of a copy of Pro Tools 12.7 for Students
- 0.019 of the cheapest iMac
- 1 x nightout at Fabric.
The SALUTE competition costs £20 to enter one track and up to four tracks can be submitted. We believe in transparency within the music industry, so why £20 to enter? Simply...
- We employ the services of over 30 industry professionals to judge and curate your music
- We have prize money of £100,000
- All entrants will share in a % of the revenue - not just the winners
- We are spending over £500,000 on marketing to publicise the entrants and winners
- The winners will receive unprecedented exposure
The SALUTE platform is a safe and controlled space for music. All entries are moderated before being submitted into our forthcoming app environment which will ensure the platform is is the go to place for discovering top quality unsigned music.
In terms of value, AS A MUSIC MAKER YOUR £20 WILL GET YOU...
1) OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE MUSIC ON YOUR TERMS WITH A NEW MODEL FOR FINANCIAL REWARD
- Of the six Salute Finalists, five take home £10,000 each, with the SALUTE Music Makers winner taking home £50,000. This is the largest independent music prize in the world.
- We only ask for a license to use your work, the rights in the work revert to you after the competition closes.
- All entrants will make money whilst in the competition, not just the winners. Music Makers will be paid when their songs are listened to on our platform. SALUTE has also committed to a pioneering shared revenue model whereby 5% of all net advertising and sponsorship income will be shared between all of our Music Makers at the end of the competition. This is a world first and is not provided by any other digital music platform.
- SALUTE is fully licensed by the PRS, so all PRS members will be duly paid when their tracks are listened to on our platform.
2) CONNECTIONS TO KEY INDUSTRY CONTACTS
- Your music will be listened to and curated by a panel of senior industry professionals.
Our curators are tasked with evaluating entrants’ content but are also people who can be influential in Music Makers’ careers.
3) ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT AND GLOBAL AUDIENCES
- SALUTE is investing over £500,000 in marketing to publicise the entrants and winners and build an audience with global scale.
- Music Makers will showcase their music nationwide via digital, print and TV media.
- Entrants will have the chance to work with senior industry professionals to hone their songwriting and music making skills.