what do you get for entering salute?
quite a lot aCTUALLY!
The SALUTE competition is FREE TO ENTER and Music Makers can submit up to four tracks. The SALUTE competition will
- Employ the services of industry professionals to judge and curate music
- We have prize money of £100,000 in cash
- All entrants will share in a % of the advertising revenue - not just the winners
- We are spending over £500,000 on marketing to publicise the entrants and winners
- Entrants will receive unprecedented amount of exposure
The SALUTE platform that will house all of the music is a safe and controlled space only for UK independent and DIY music. All entries are moderated before being submitted into our forthcoming app environment which will ensure the platform is is the go to place for discovering top quality unsigned music.
In terms of value, AS A MUSIC MAKER YOU WILL GET...
1) OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE MUSIC ON YOUR TERMS WITH A NEW MODEL FOR FINANCIAL REWARD
- Of the six Salute Finalists, five take home £10,000 each, with the SALUTE Music Makers winner taking home £50,000. This is the largest independent music prize in the world.
- We only ask for a license to use your work, the rights in the work revert to you after the competition closes.
- All entrants will make money whilst in the competition, not just the winners. Music Makers will be paid when their songs are listened to on our platform. SALUTE has also committed to a pioneering shared revenue model whereby 5% of all net advertising and sponsorship income will be shared between all of our Music Makers at the end of the competition. This is a world first and is not provided by any other digital music platform.
- SALUTE is fully licensed by the PRS, so all PRS members will be duly paid when their tracks are listened to on our platform.
2) CONNECTIONS TO KEY INDUSTRY CONTACTS
- Your music will be listened to and curated by a panel of senior industry professionals.
Our curators are tasked with evaluating entrants’ content but are also people who can be influential in Music Makers’ careers.
- The winner of SALUTE will go straight into the finals of the 2018 Unsigned Music Awards "songwriting" category.
3) ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT AND GLOBAL AUDIENCES
- SALUTE is investing over £500,000 in marketing to publicise the entrants and winners and build an audience with global scale.
- Music Makers will showcase their music nationwide via digital, print and TV media.
- Entrants will have the chance to work with senior industry professionals to hone their songwriting and music making skills.